What can you do?
Because asthma is incurable, not much can be done to treat asthma other than going to a doctor to manage it. Along with that, we cannot do anything for the people who inherit asthma through family genetics because it cannot be prevented. The next best thing we can do is help prevent the environmental triggers and causes, mainly air quality.
- Carpool - Riding with someone else will lessen the amount of cars being used. Since cars emit carbon dioxide and nitrogen out into the air, less cars means less air pollution. Fossil fuels will be conserved for the future generations as well.
- No Smoking- Don't smoke! its bad for you're health and the health of those around you. If you do smoke, be considerate and don't smoke in public, there can be others around you that have asthma or are sensitive to cigarette smoke.
- Take care of your vehicles - Taking care of your vehicles will limit the fuel exhaust
- Public Transports - Using public transports can reduce the amount of fuel exhaust a vehicle emits since one vehicle will be used for a large group of people rather than one car per person
- Save Energy - Limiting the amount of energy used can help prevent air pollution. When electricity is used carbon dioxide is released out into the air
- Minimize air pollutants - Minimizing smoke emission contributes a lot to air quality. Using things such as cigarettes and gas furnaces will release pollution into the air.
- Recycle - When recycling, you have just helped the environment in two ways. Energy is saved and pollutants released during manufacturing are minimized.